Feel the sand wiggles between your toes. The warm sun on your skin and the waves crashing against the shore. Can you picture it? It is so relaxing except for the fact that you are at a wedding ceremony and you are sweating more than the husky woman in the last row of a Richard Simmons exercise video because you have overdressed for the occasion.
For most occasions it is often better to err on the side of being overdressed rather than underdressed. However a beach is the one place where it is glaring obvious if you have grossly misjudged the expected dress attire. So here are some tips on what to wear to a beach wedding:
- First, look at the invitation for a stated dress code. If it is not on the invitation, then you can find out by contacting someone. Generally, the bride is busy with wedding details so it often appreciated if you contact the Mother of the Bride or the Maid of Honor to find out the dress code for the event.
- If asking for the dress code leaves you with vague answers then you need to go to the standard beach wedding guest uniform… a nice dress with stylish sandals. Wear a dress that is slightly more formal than a dress you would wear to a backyard barbecue. For sandals, you don’t want to wear your normal flip-flops. Try something a little fancier with a little bit of embellishment on the sandal. Because you will be walking through the sand, it is not required to wear a heel.
- Another option is a skirt with a tank top. You want a skirt that is a little flowy and will look great blowing in the ocean breeze. For a tank top, you want to choose one in a a lightweight fabric like silk. To dress up the outfit, pair the tank top with a great statement necklace that will bring some panache to your top. For example, if you are wearing a blue silk tank top pair it with a great statement emerald necklace or take a cue from your surroundings and wear with a chunky coral necklace.
- Jewelry should be kept simple. This is not a Royal Wedding so there is not need to arrive dripping with jewels. Wear one statement piece and keep everything else simple. For example, if you are wearing a statement necklace, be careful of over-accessorizing with a large ring, a blinged-out bracelet, and earrings so large they could have their own zip code.
- The ocean breeze can also reek havoc on your hair, so make sure to choose a style that will look equally good when it is windswept. Otherwise, you may be forced to tear a page out of someone’s wedding album when you see that your hair is forever memorialized as “woman who looks as it she was attacked by a pelican.”
Make choosing what to wear to a beach wedding easy on yourself by following those simple tips. A beach wedding is light casual and evokes the natural relaxation that comes from the beautiful ocean landscape. Remember that feeling, let it inspire your wardrobe choices, and you will be sitting pretty at your next beach wedding.
Manufacturing of fashion trend clothes is done in bulk. Manufacturers adopt this strategy in order to meet all orders. Manufacturers find themselves with a surplus as the prevailing season comes to an end. Fashion trends are very seasonal. What is sold in fall is not what is sold in spring or summer. This surplus, therefore, is considered dead stock. Initially manufacturers would count this as a loss, because people are preparing for the next season. This left manufacturers in a dilemma. They have stock that will not sell, and they need to be manufacturing the next season’s clothes. This is how wholesale clothing came about. It is a business channel used by manufacturers to offload their last season’s surplus. Holding onto this stock would tie up their capital which in turn would lead to kinky business flow.
Fast forward to today, wholesale clothing has come to the rescue especially in economies that are recovering from a recession. Businesses need to stay afloat in a time when customers are not willing to spend much. Availing the same clothes at affordable prices encourages customers to purchase despite having a lower purchasing power.
There are some manufacturers who offer drop-shipping services. This leads to even lower operational expenses on the side of the wholesaler and retailer which lead to even lower retailing prices. Through wholesale clothing, consumers have an opportunity to purchase the same high end clothes but at a cheaper price. This ensures that manufacturers will continue being in business and consumers can still afford to purchase non-essentials in adverse economic times.
Another tactic used by manufacturers to keep the prices even lower is offering lower price cost per unit for wholesalers who buy many lots. Lots can be in terms of color, size, and design and so on. Such strategies ensure that consumers retailing price is kept to a minimum low. When economies experience a recession, consumers spend cautiously. Budgets are followed to the letter. A lot of cost-cutting measures are taken. However, if the same products are availed at a price that is within their budget they will buy. This is the mechanism of wholesale clothing.
Wholesale clothing, in conclusion, is a two edged sword. Manufactures use the channel to loosen up their capital which they use to manufacture the next season’s clothes and accessories. Consumers, on the other hand, can afford to purchase these items at reasonable prices. It is a win-win situation.
Bargain shopping for items such as cheap dresses should not require you to camp out overnight, or brave inclement weather. If you knew how and where, it is extremely possible to find cheap dresses at any time of the year, and all that is required is knowledge.
One of the best places to start is by looking for clearance sales on dresses. Retailers need to replace existing stock with new designs for the new seasons, and in order to clear away existing inventory, prices are cut drastically. This is especially true in the clothing industry, which is much more seasonal than other areas such as electronics, where products that are 5 years old can still command a price premium.
Not only can sales be seasonal, but they are also based on holidays, and retailers regularly hold holiday themed sales. A quick glance at the calendar, will reveal the consecutive holiday themes sales than can be expected during any calendar year. With proper planning you, will very easily realize that it is during those times, that you can expect to get some of the best bargains on cheap dresses.
Holiday themes are often controlled by fashion, colors and trends, Red may be popular around Valentines’ Day, green may be more prominent around St. Patrick’s’ Day, and at Easter, flowers, and light yellows may predominate. In the colder months, you are more likely to find longer dresses. You are more likely to be less frustrated, if you plan your shopping with the events and activities in mind.
Another easy way to ensure that you get ready and easy access to cheap dresses, is by signing up to be notified. Many of the online retailers now have alerts system, where loyal customers are notified of sales on specific categories of items. They may even be specific enough to notify you when the exact item or one that is very similar becomes available. One of the advantages that you can have with notifications, is that many of the sales may not normally be advertised, and they may be for extremely limited times.
Sales may last for a few hours to a few days, and may be designed to clear a specific category of items. Perhaps one of the best places to find clearances sales, is online. Many retailers are continually inviting customers to visit the websites to make purchases. It makes perfect sense for retailers as they can reduce the costs of running the operation.